Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), “Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We collect and hold a range of personal information in carrying out our business and functions as a manufacturer and wholesale supplier of active wear and swimwear products. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend upon the nature of our relationship with you and the circumstances of a collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, supplier, contractor, job applicant or some other capacity.
- if you are a wholesale customer, we may collect your name, work address, telephone number and email address, and any other information you provide to us when you make an inquiry, request information, submit an order, provide feedback or correspond with us;
- if you are a job applicant, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and employment history, and any other information you provide to us during the application and recruitment process; and
- if you deal with us in some other capacity, we may collect your name and contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
We may also collect details of the interactions you have with us.
We do not generally collect sensitive information and we will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise required or authorised by or under law to do so).
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- from you directly (such as when you interact with us in writing, electronically or by telephone);
- when you communicate with us through our website;
- from third parties such as [insert e.g., business partners or sales representatives]; and
- from media, publications, and other publicly available sources.
When we obtain personal information from third parties to whom you refer us, we will assume and you must ensure that you have made that third party aware that you have referred us to them and of the purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal information.
If you are or become an employee, the handling of your personal information may be exempt from the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) if it is directly related to your current or former employment relationship with us.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for a range of purposes including:
- to supply our products and services (such as account creation and fulfilling and managing your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made though our sites);
- to send you administrative information (such as product, service update and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies);
- to protect our sites (such as fraud monitoring and prevention);
- for our administrative purposes and internal record keeping;
- to perform research and analysis and improve or develop our products or services;
- to manage our relationships with our customers, suppliers and contractors;
- to consider job applicants for current and future employment;
- where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or act regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving personal threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may use and disclose your personal information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent).
If we are unable to collect personal information from or about you, we may not be able to respond to your requests or enquiries in certain other dealings with you.
In conducting our business, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes outlined above. These third parties may include, where appropriate:
- our related companies (including our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint ventures partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us);
- financial institutions for payment processing;
- our contracted service providers, including:
- delivery and shipping providers
- IT service providers
- marketing, promotional and market research agencies; and
- external business advisers (such as auditors and lawyers);
- to other third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another entity; and
- if you are a job applicant, referees whose details you provide to us.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties and for other purposes where we are required or authorised by or under law to do so (including where you have provided your consent).
We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on our sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with these sites over time. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain web pages to help analyse our web page flow and measure marketing effectiveness.
Cookies are used to create a session and remember your use of our website. This provides additional convenience for your visit to the site, including remembering account information, currency and location.
Some of our service providers and related companies are located outside Australia. As a result, personal information collected and held by us may be transferred to recipients in other countries. In particular, we may disclose personal information to our related companies located in China, Hong Kong and the USA. We may also use service providers located in a range of countries to store customer data, including in Hong Kong.
We generally hold personal information in computer systems, including computer systems operated for us by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. This includes taking appropriate security measures to protect electronic materials and requiring our service providers to do so.
You have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you and request its correction if it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading. You may do so by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable period.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information (subject to some exceptions permitted by law) but may charge an access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you
Please contact us (using the contact details at the end of this policy) if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information. We will inquire into your complaint and respond within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (oaic.gov.au).
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information, would like to request access to or correction of personal information that we hold about you, or wish to make a complaint, please contact us by either:
Email – email@example.com